Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Like Legal Writing

The truth is, most people practicing law do not enjoy research and writing, but I do. I have always been at my best with a pen/Selectric/keyboard/laptop in hand, pondering the best way to commit a persuasive argument to paper/LCD screen. Understanding what is needed, searching through the intricacies of case law and other resources to find support for the proposition and then constructing it forcefully yet succinctly really is my idea of a good time (at least professionally). For many lawyers this aspect of the business is just one big interruption in the quest to make payroll. That's where I come in. I will research and write the argument. You will make money on my time while you remain free to continue with the bread and butter of your business. I am best when it comes to appellate briefs or summary judgment submissions, but I also can simply research and write background memos. All I need is access to your legal research software, where you can bill my research usage to your client and be able to verify the research time I bill. I know how to write with the punch necessary to get the attention of the judge(s). In fact, when I wrote appeals for the Public Counsel Services in Massachusetts, one of my appeals was brought up sua sponte to the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. I was successful in obtaining a reversal on the point of law for which they had chosen the case. (See, Comm. v. Kirker, 2004). Writing samples are viewable at my blog, "Be Write There," at bronapinnolis.blogspot.com.

For rates and availability, reach me at bronapinnolis@gmail.com. If you need to meet with me in person, I am able to travel with reasonable notice. I am actively licensed in Massachusetts at present (BBO# 400170). Your name appears on the brief and you argue your own case. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment